Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Citizenship and Clearances
U.S. Citizens only.
Must be able to pass a background investigation.
Senior System Engineer:
Open Technology Group is looking for an experienced Senior System Engineer to execute short-term datacenter projects on the Microsoft Windows Server platform for a variety of government clients on an as-needed basis. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft System Center, SAN design and administration, and patch management.
- MCSE or equivalent certification
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including:
5+ years – MS Windows Server administration,
2+ years – SCCM, SCOM, VMM administration,
2+ years – SAN design, TCP/IP networking, scripting with VBScript and PowerShell,
1+ year – Patch management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a collaborative team
- Experience with Federal government is preferred, but not required
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows Servers and other datacenter technologies
- Administer, support, and maintain enterprise systems: Exchange Server, file servers, SharePoint, IIS, and backups
- Ensure all server systems are secure and up-to-date with all critical service packs and hotfixes
- Perform root cause analysis to isolate and identify problems or potential issues
- Coordinate with team members, subject matter experts, and vendors as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvements
- Research current and emerging technologies and provide documented advice, technical guidance, and recommendations for improvements
- Assist team members in developing procurement requests
- Document processes and procedures
- Submit status and activity reports to the team leader or Government supervisor as required
Key Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to learn about new equipment and technologies as necessary to maintain proficiency with client-specific systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and server level hardware (domain controllers, application servers, file and data servers, database servers, and email servers)
- General knowledge of industry standard best practice configurations
- SAN design and administration
- TCP/IP Networking
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Operations Manager (SCOM) and Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, IIS
- Patch Management
- Software Imaging
- Virtualization solutions
- Backup and recovery
- Datacenter automation using scripting (VBScript, PowerShell)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, email your resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position Title in the subject line. In addition to work history, please be sure your resume highlights the following (as applicable): Technical Training and Certifications, Key Qualifications, Technical Proficiencies (including hardware, software, operating systems, servers, databases, languages, networks/protocols, tools and methodologies), Education, and Security Clearance.
About Open Technology Group
Open Technology Group is a small business providing information technology services to federal government clients. We are committed to innovation and dedicated to improving the efficiency of government operations with secure, reliable, and sustainable technology solutions. Despite differences in our roles, responsibilities, and locations, we are all united by a single set of core values that are truly the underpinning of our corporate culture. In addition to numerous professional development opportunities, Open Technology Group provides eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits packages that includes paid holidays and time off, employer-matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Open Technology Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, marital status, genetic status, family responsibilities, or any other factor protected by law.